Toy Kite Software today announced iSamurai Bluetooth, the new version of their action/simulation sword fighting game for iPhone and iPod Touch. iSamurai is a Wii-like game for the iPhone, and now using Apple’s recently released 3.0 software, it is one of the first multiplayer games that can be played anywhere over Bluetooth.
In iSamurai, players attack and defend with their iPhones, slashing and blocking their way to victory against their friends. Accelerometer analysis allows each iPhone to distinguish between four different attacks and four blocks. Each attack can be countered by the opponent using the correct block. The two devices communicate their actions and countering actions to each other over Bluetooth in real time and use realistic sounds to indicate whether an attack was successful or blocked.
iSamurai also includes a single-player mode with twelve levels of difficulty. Four unique characters: peasant, apprentice, warrior and samurai, yell out different attacks, and the player must quickly defend against them and launch offensive attacks by swinging the iPhone. To get players started, iSamurai has a tutorial featuring animations of the different attacks and blocks.
iSamurai Bluetooth: Real Life Sword Fight includes the following features:
* Two-player real-time Bluetooth game using two iPhones or iPod Touches
* Single-player game with twelve levels of difficulty
* Tutorial featuring animations of the different attacks and blocks
* Training “Dojo” where the player can practice the different iSamurai moves
* Report of final scores with images for the winner and loser
* Art of War quotes from legendary warriors
* iPhone or iPod Touch 3.0 or later for Bluetooth, iPhone 2.2.1 or later for Wi-Fi
Pricing and Availability:
For a limited time iSamurai is on sale for $.99 (USD) exclusively through Apple’s iTunes Store.