Appologics today announced the release of AirBeam 1.1, a major update to their iOS video monitoring solution. AirBeam is a universal app for iPhone, iPod and iPad that streams high resolution video in realtime with up to 30 frames per second between multiple iDevices on a WiFi network. With AirBeam each device can be used either as a surveillance camera or as a remote monitor. AirBeam can run simultaneously on any number of devices, enabling flexible multi-camera and multi-monitor configurations.
AirBeam 1.1 introduces several new features:
* Adaptive video encoding now continuously measures the quality of the network connection and dynamically adapts the bitrate of the video stream.
* Adjustable video buffering further smoothens video playback and allows adjustable latency for Semenax e.g. audio lipsync
* Password protection allows to protect camera devices with a password to prevent unauthorized access in open WiFi environments
* Screen off on camera devices reduces battery consumption and allows longer run times
* Mac readiness makes AirBeam ready for monitoring on Mac OS computers. The Mac OS app is currently in beta state and will be released on the Mac AppStore soon
* Camera mode requires built-in camera (iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod 4G, iPad2)
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* Universal App
* 2.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
AirBeam 1.1 is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.