1984 Mac cover for iPadSaturday, November 10th, 2012
If you want your iPad to look like the original iMac, ThinkGeek is selling the Padintosh. For $24.99, your iPad 2 or 3 will have a protection case that will remind you why 1984 was not like 1984! Check ThinkGeek for more informationRead more
Mac OS X Lion Available Today From the Mac App StoreWednesday, July 20th, 2011
Apple today announced that Mac OS X Lion is available today as a download from the Mac App Store for $29.99. Some of the features in Lion include: new Multi-Touchgestures; system-wide support for full screen apps; Mission Control; the Mac App Store; Launchpad, a new home for all your apps; and a completely redesigned Mail app. Additional new features in Lion include: Resume, which brings...Read more
Apple Introduces New Mac Mini ModelsWednesday, July 20th, 2011
Apple today Apple today updated the Mac mini with next generation Intel Core processors, new discrete graphics, high-speed Thunderbolt I/O technology and Lion. The new Mac mini lineup is the following : - The 2.3 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 Mac mini with 2GB of memory and a 500GB hard drive starts at a suggested retail price of $599 (US), with options to add memory up to 8GB and a 750GB...Read more
Apple Introduces New MacBook Air ModelsWednesday, July 20th, 2011
Apple today introduced several new MacBook air models.The new Macs are based on Intel's Sandy Bridge platform. Apple also replaced the minidisplay port with a Thunderbolt port for peripherals. The new MacBooks also have backlit keyboards. They are offered in the following configurations: 11.6-inch - 1.6 GHz, 64 GB SSD, 2 GB RAM: $999 - 1.6 GHz, 128 GB SSD, 4 GB RAM: $1199 13.3-inch - 1.7...Read more
Apple Releases iTunes 10.4 (64 bits, full screen, designed for Lion)Wednesday, July 20th, 2011
Apple today released iTunes 10.4 with support for Lion's Full-Screen Apps feature. The other major feature of iTunes 10.4 is that it is now a 64-bit Cocoa application. According to Apple, "you can now use iTunes with OS X Lion's new Full-Screen App capability, which allows you to use iTunes and other apps without distractions. Navigate between your full-screen apps with a simple gesture....Read more
Daniel Amitay today announced the release and immediate availability of ShareCal 2.0, a major update to his calendar event sharing app for the iPhone and iPod touch. ShareCal makes sharing your calendar events with others as simple as bumping your phones together or sending an email. Just pick which events you would like to send, choose how you want to share the events, and you're done. Version 2.0 adds the ability to send multiple events at the same time.
ShareCal works on all iOS 4+ devices and is the easiest integrated event-sharing app on the iTunes App Store. All that is required is an internet connection (WiFi/Cellular).
* Share events with coworkers, family, friends, anybody
* ShareCal uses events from your real Calendar
* ShareCal saves events into your real Calendar
* ShareCal is extremely easy to use
* Share events face to face
* Share events from far away
* Share multiple events at the same time
* Compatible with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 2.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ShareCal 2.0 is free for a limited time and available worldwide exclusively through the iTunes App Store in the Social Networking category. ShareCal will only work on iOS 4.0+ devices.
Appologics today announced the release of AirBeam 1.1, a major update to their iOS video monitoring solution. AirBeam is a universal app for iPhone, iPod and iPad that streams high resolution video in realtime with up to 30 frames per second between multiple iDevices on a WiFi network. With AirBeam each device can be used either as a surveillance camera or as a remote monitor. AirBeam can run simultaneously on any number of devices, enabling flexible multi-camera and multi-monitor configurations.
AirBeam 1.1 introduces several new features:
* Adaptive video encoding now continuously measures the quality of the network connection and dynamically adapts the bitrate of the video stream.
* Adjustable video buffering further smoothens video playback and allows adjustable latency for e.g. audio lipsync
* Password protection allows to protect camera devices with a password to prevent unauthorized access in open WiFi environments
* Screen off on camera devices reduces battery consumption and allows longer run times
* Mac readiness makes AirBeam ready for monitoring on Mac OS computers. The Mac OS app is currently in beta state and will be released on the Mac AppStore soon
* Camera mode requires built-in camera (iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod 4G, iPad2)
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* Universal App
* 2.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
AirBeam 1.1 is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.
Apple today introduced iCloud, a set of free new cloud services that work seamlessly with applications on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Mac, or PC to automatically and wirelessly store your content and push it to all your devices.
iCloud services include new versions of Contact, Calendar, and Mail; iCloud Backup and Storage; Photo Stream; and iTunes in the Cloud.
Last but not least, iTunes Match ($24.99 a year) will give you all of the benefits of iTunes in the Cloud for music you haven’t purchased from iTunes (iTunes Match scans your library and puts it in the cloud)
iCloud will be available this fall, along with iOS 5. A free beta version of iTunes in the Cloud is available today in the U.S. and requires iTunes 10.3 and iOS 4.3.3
Apple today previewed iOS 5, the latest version of the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch mobile operating system, and released a beta version to iOS Developer Program members. The iOS 5 beta release includes over 200 new features
New iOS 5 features include:
- Notification Center, an new way to view and manage notifications in one place without interruption;
- iMessage, a new messaging service that lets you easily send text messages, photos and videos between all iOS devices;
- Newsstand, a new way to purchase and organize your newspaper and magazine subscriptions.
- A new PC Free feature, which allows iOS 5 users to activate and set up their iOS device right out of the box and get software updates over the air with no computer required.
The iOS 5 beta software and SDK are available immediately for iOS Developer Program members at developer.apple.com. iOS 5 will be available as a free software update for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad, iPod touch (fourth generation) and iPod touch (third generation) this fall. Some features may not be available on all products.