Apple today introduced several new MacBook air models.The new Macs are based on Intel's Sandy Bridge platform. Apple also replaced the minidisplay port with a Thunderbolt port for peripherals. The new MacBooks also have backlit keyboards. They are offered in the following configurations:
- 1.6 GHz, 64 GB SSD, 2 GB RAM: $999
- 1.6 GHz, 128 GB SSD, 4 GB RAM: $1199
- 1.7 GHz, 128 GB SSD, 4 GB RAM: $1299
- 1.7 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 4 GB RAM: $1599
The new 11.6 inch model is now the entry level Mac laptop (the white MacBook is discontinued as of today). All models ship with OS X Lion preinstalled.
Apple just released new iMacs. The new desktop computers have new Quad-Core CPUs (Core i5 or i7) across the entire range and 1 (21") or 2 (27") Thunderbolt ports. Starting at $1,199, the new iMac is up to 70 percent faster and new graphics deliver up to three times the performance of the previous generation, according to Apple.
The new iMacs feature quad-core Intel Core i5 processors with an optional Core i7 processor on the high-end model.
Prices and configurations are as follows :
- 21.5" 2.5GHz Quad Core i5, AMD 6750M, 500GB, $1199
- 21.5" 2.7GHz Quad Core i5, AMD 6770M, 1TB, $1499
- 27" 2.7GHz Quad Core i5, AMD 6770M, 1TB, $1699
- 27" 3.1GHz Quad Core i5, AMD 6970M, 1TB, $1999
For more information, check Apple web site.
- 13" 1280x800 Display. 2.3GHz Dual i5. 4GB RAM. 320GB HD. Intel HD Graphics. $1199
- 13" 1280x800 Display. 2.7GHz Dual i7. 4GB RAM. 500GB HD. Intel HD Graphics. $1499
- 15" 1440x900 (1680 option) Display. 2.0GHz Quad i7. 4GB RAM. 500GB HD. AMD 6490M 256MB. $1799
- 15" 1440x900 (1680 option) Display. 2.2GHz Quad i7. 750GB HD. AMD 6750M 1GB. $2199.
- 17" 1920x1200 Display. 2.2Ghz Quad i7. 4GB RAM. 750GB HD. AMD 6750M 1GB. $2499
The new MacBook Pro have a new port called Thunderbolt. Created by Apple and Intel, the Thunderbolt technology is - according to Apple - more than 12 times faster than FireWire 800 and up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0. The connector is the same as the mini display port. The Thunderbolt port will give you plug-and-play performance with Thunderbolt peripherals, as well as with the Apple LED Cinema Display and other Mini DisplayPort peripherals. You can daisy-chain as many as six devices, including your display. Current VGA, DVI, and DisplayPort adapters are also supported.
More information at Apple.com