Literature & Latte Ltd announced the release of Scrivener 2.0.5, their content-generation tool for writers, on the Mac App Store.
Key features include:
* Edit Multiple Documents: Create limitless documents in the same project and edit them separately or merge them dynamically and edit them as a whole.
* Corkboard: Virtual index cards store a synopsis for every document you create. Storyboard and rearrange your project by moving them around on the corkboard.
* Outlining: A fully-featured outliner helps you take control of your work's structure.
* Keywords: A powerful keywords system keeps track of characters, themes or ideas.
* Full Screen Editing: View your text in clearpores facial system full screen for distraction-free composition.
* Export: Export your finished draft to your favourite word processor for final formatting, including support for footnotes, annotations and images.
* Publish: Export to the epub format directly, allowing export of manuscripts for reading on a Sony Reader, in iBooks on the iPad or for e-publishing. Scrivener 2.x includes support for cover images, footnotes and structured tables of contents.
* Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
* 19.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Scrivener 2.0.5 is $44.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available through the Mac App Store in the Productivity category.
Apple has started accepting Mac Apps for their new Mac App Store. The Mac App Store will be available on both Snow Leopard and the future Mac OS Lion.
The Mac App Store will follow similar submission guidelines and policies as the iOS App Store. However, you will still be able to install mac software without using it. The Mac App developer program is $99 per year.